Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Today in Gym Class

This morning at boot camp we played a pretty intense game of capture the flag. It was a really fun workout. I'm sure if there was anyone looking at us from the starbucks across the street they must have wondered why there was a field full of 30-somethings darting and dodging each other - all wearing bright flags - at 6 A.M. - in the dark. I don't know the answer to that. But it sure beats push-ups in the rain and mud.

Isn't it a little funny? I spent my middle school years trying to get out of gym class, or at least giving it as little effort as possible. Years later I'm paying a good amount of money to run laps and play flag football (sans the ball). If someone would have told my teenage self that one day I'd be confined to a cubicle for 50 hours a week, then just maybe I would have appreciated gym class.
I probably would have thought, "Not me. I'm either going to be a stunt man or explosives expert. I'll never sit behind a desk all day!" And went on hating gym class.

No comments: